Friday 19 February 2010

You've not been pregnant have you sir?

I've been working on an article about the ban on gay men being able to give blood. On doing my research I rang up the doctor's surgery to find out my own blood type.

"Hi, I was wondering if you could help me find out my blood type?"

"Sure, what's your name"

"Calum McSwiggan"

[Silence]

"Do you want me to spell it?"

"No, no. 21st of the 5th, 1990? Is that right?"

"Yeah"

"Oh, sorry, we don't have it on record. We only have it if you've been pregnant? You've not been pregnant have you sir?"

"Funnily enough no. Is there no other way I can find out?"

"Well... You could donate blood.."

"but..."

"and you would be supporting a good cause at the same time"

"but..."

"I'll tell you what i'll get you the number for the national blood service and you can contact them to donate"

"But I'm not allowed"

"Oh, why not?" (Nosy bitch)

"Because I'm gay."

"Oh. Sorry then. I don't know what to tell you... Bye"

Hmm. Well if i'm ever in an accident and the paramedic asks me my blood type I suppose i can always guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment