Friday 26 February 2010

Touché my anonymous friend...

Looking through my phone i stumbled upon a text message I received some months ago. I thought I would share it with you.

Unknown number -

"Your unreal mike you have ruined another day. Its midday you had whole mornin to clean the house, stuck playing games all morning? we cant"

It ends there. At the time I looked at the message and wondered what to reply. After some deliberation i wrote.

"Its 'You're' not 'Your'. Mike should have a capital M, and it's 'It's' not 'Its'.

P.S. I think you have the wrong number."

I didn't get a reply. I decided to see how my mysterious friend was doing today.

"Hi. Howre you and Mike doing?" - I couldn't find the apostraphe on my phone so i sent it without. After all I was quite certain she wouldn't care or notice.

She replied back.

"Its 'How're', not 'Howre'"

Touché my anonymous friend, however, you missed the apostraphe out of 'It's' twice now.

Sorry but I think that means I win.

1 comment:

  1. n that was sweet,,, i mean.. its nice to kno someone cares to reply back. that reminds me that my text is not workin on my cell. need to get that repaired.
    oh! n i dont bother with commas either.

    ReplyDelete