Sunday 28 February 2010

"People don't have to be real for me to hate them..."


Sat around watching 'Futurama' on a lazy Sunday afternoon I recall my mother's detest for the programme.

"But Mum.. why don't you want me watching Futurama?"
"I just don't. Okay?"
"But why?"
"It's that one, you know, the one with one eye."
"Yeah. What about her?"
"I just don't like her"
"Why?"
"I just don't!"
"Is it something she said?"
"No. I just can't stand her. I hate her. I hate her I hate her."
"But why?"
"I don't know. I just hate the woman."
"You know she's a cartoon right?"
"Yes. People don't have to be real for me to hate them."
"I'll bare that in mind. So that's the only reason you don't like it?"
"Yes. That and the robot strippers."
"But it's a joke Mum. When they take off their 'clothes' they just have circuits underneathe. It's meant to be funny"
"Well I don't like it. God I hate that one with one eye."
"She's called Leela Mum."
"I don't care what her name is! I don't ever want to see her again"
"Okay, you won't. I promise."


I'm sorry Mum, but I've already broken that promise because there she is... The woman you hate so much, in all her glory, sitting atop this post, a grotesque sore upon the face that is my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment