Tuesday 21 September 2010

Bent Boy

The Universe is a complicated thing, that goes without saying, sometimes things happen by extrordinary coinsidence; so much so that we do contemplate the existance of a greater power. Today as I was wittling away the early morning hours on facebook I was asked to verify that I was human before posting.

It's a regular occurance, nothing unusual. The perculiar thing however was that today the random word generator had decided to put two words side by side. Two words that stand alone unoffensive, two words together that are just the opposite.

Bent Boy.

Please type out the words you see in the box to verify you are human.

This got me thinking, what have I done to that beardy man in the sky to deserve such an insult. Perhaps it's my lack of doing anything that spurred him on to send this my way. I pondered for a moment and decided it was out of good intentions. The cosmos is being nice to me today, the cosmos is trying to send me a message. Believe what you want, cosmos or no cosmos, god or no god, these little moments have a lot of power to push us forwards. That time old saying "Live everyday as if it is your last." I always found that quite a harmful expression. If today was my last day, I would probably be utterly irresponsible and I most certainly wouldn't be putting things in place for the development of my future. Instead, I prefer "Today is the first day of the rest of your life." It's entirely cliché but I guess from time to time it's helpful.

If we thought this way every single day though we would be exhausted. I find it helpful to remember this expression once a month. It helps get things done.

So today, although I've already pointlessly wittled away the majority of my morning, I am going to do just that.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment